Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Lost Love





Here is a personal experience of a guy in love. The name has been changed for privacy reasons.

Hi friends. Myself Ajay. I am 28 year old guy who loves to do freelancing jobs in my spare time, apart from my regular job. I have been in love with a girl for at least one and a half years. We came to know each other through the Internet chat.
She hails from a metropolitan city in India while I come from a lesser known city. She was more modern than me in my eyes. However, we got to know each other very well and came on a friendly track without much effort. My intentions were very clear since the initial stages about my approach towards her.
I just didn’t want to be friends with her. I was actually searching for love. I did not take time to convey her my feelings. It was also the first time for her to be in love and she seemed to enjoy the new feeling in life.
Though we were physically too far from each other, that did not deter or lessen our love by any degree. As a matter of fact, we remained in touch through phone and chat almost every day.
Once in 4 to 6 months, I used to go meet her at her place. There was no objection from either her or her family towards our relationship. Actually, due the conservative nature of my family, I was not able to tell the entire truth to my family members. They only knew that she was just a friend.
Days were going by cozily and we had already painted flowery pictures of our future.
However … the word ‘however’ always brought problems in my life. And so it was this time. However, it was a simple viral infection the relationship between us ended once and for all. As I just said, due to some viral infection she was prohibited from consuming any items made from milk.
When she told me this, I travelled all the way to see her. However, until I was able to make my trip there, she had recovered considerably. She was happy to see me. Her mother permitted us to go out for a walk just for a change. Even she was excited to get the permission.
However, I think, we two were too foolish and immature and did a grave blunder, a blunder that cost us our love. In the excitement of seeing each other we ate chocolate ice-cream in a hotel that evening, as it were summer days.
In a couple of days’ time, the infection again got the better of her and she could not appear for her final year’s exam.
Obviously, we lost touch and contact with each other. In fact we were not allowed to do so. It was really painful to live life that way initially. It is difficult to write in words how one feels in such a heart-break. But that was what was destined for both of us.
Time is a great healer, they say. Time went by and the bruises on the mind and heart healed too.
The social networking made it possible for me to find it out what she is doing currently and how she is. She is happily married and I feel happy in her happiness. As far as my life goes … well, let it go!


Have any of you shared such an experience. Have you faced any heart-break? Please share it with us. Sharing eases pain!!!